Monday, May 16, 2011

Power is nothing without control

It seems these days that every honda driver swaps his engine for a ridiculous turbo build/k20/b18 and what not. Not everybody though, this driver for example sticks with his roots. Power is nice, but it doesn't mean anything if you can't control it. Because this driver takes high regard of this principle and he does not walk along with the crowd like a fanboy made it a great time to sit down and have a small talk.

Why did you join Low Profile?
I once stumbled across the Low Profile blog by accident. After reading everything on the blog I Realised that this is quitte a rare sighting within the Netherlands. I was attracted by the professionality and the comparisons to Initial D. A manga and animé of which I am very interested in.

What is your opinion about racing?
Car racing is a beautiful sport in which man and machine work together. A lot of emotion is involved in this process. The same goes for streetracing. Getting everything out of your car and learning from it is a beautiful process.


How do you improve your times?
In my area there are a few places where I try to get to know my car. At those places I am practising the things I want to try to get a better time. Besides this it is just as important to find out what the limits of the car are. But experience is the key to figure this out.

What is your current car and what are the mod's?
My current car and also my first car is my Honda Civic EG4. It currently has a coiloverkit and the car is stripped from behind the QSP set. I know this is not the most sensible decision regarding the weight distribution in a EG, but I was curious how the characteristics would change. Besides this a stripped interior was a necessity for my future plans. Regarding the wheels I decided to go for a set of 5Zigen FN01-RC's. The engine is currently still stock.

Which aspects of the car are you currently most satisfied about?
As of now I am not really satisfied with my Civic. The thing I am most satisfied about is the current condition. A 19 year old car with hardly any rust and a good mileage is pretty neat.

Which aspects should be improved according to you?
The main things that should improved are the handling and brakes. Enginemods would also be nice, but currently this is not that important, as power is nothing without control.

If you could choose any car, which car would you use for time attacks and why?
My ideal car for time attacks would be a Suzuki Cappuccino. This car only weighs 725 kilo, has a 50/50 gewichtsverdeling and a FR layout, so it is an ideal base for a car that can put some serious times on the right track.
Thats it for now, we are curious in what we can expect from him in the future.

Klik hier om bericht in nederlands te lezen